Tuesday, January 27, 2009

UNIbullSHIT

To Hell with UniShit!

For my Financial Accounting module, online discussion is worth 5% of the overall marks. When I logged on my account yesterday, I COULD NOT find the Discussion Board in my university web site!

There was no way to find out if they had restored the Discussion Board because I could not even access my account . I kept getting this error message:

“Sorry that an error has occurred in the page that you request.”

I am sorry all right - sorry that I enrolled myself in this fucking university!

UniShit recommends that its students access the university web site every day to check for updates. How in Gehenna are we going to do that when the site is as reliable as milk powder from China?!

UniShit also expects us to access our personal university email on a regular basis. That means we have to log on two accounts separately just to ensure we don’t miss out anything. Why can’t they just stick to one account and direct every fucking thing there?!

According to my lecturers, the university is putting more emphasis on online learning. While the face-to-face lectures are not mandatory, we are expected to keep ourselves updated online. Some big fuck has decided that only emails of a ‘personal nature’ may be sent to the lecturer’s email accounts. Any other thing, especially pertaining to an academic nature should be posted on the Discussion Board. This is absolutely absurd! Some lecturers DO NOT even check their own email every day. (In case of an emergency we will be dead.) Obviously this racket of a university has never considered the fact that we are all PART-TIME STUDENTS and to impose such unreasonable demands on our time and patience is simply irresponsible and shameless.

If they like to do their online bullshit so much, why the fuck are we paying so much MONEY? To get an *education*?


(1.06pm – or one hour since my last attempt to log):

“Sorry that an error has occurred in the page that you request.”



TELL THAT TO YOUR MOTHER!

1 comment:

Logan Wolfe said...

While I agree with most of your statements, there are some inaccuracies:

1) You CAN redirect mail to other email accounts. I do that. In fact, there are actually instructions provided by the school on how to do that. I received mine in printed form, but it's probably also available in some form online. Maybe try the Student Handbook. Anyway, most broadcasts are sent to your student portal, not the email, it is mainly used for additional communications. Many of my lecturers use their non-UniSIM emails too, so it is usually a non-issue.

2) I actually check the site every other day, on my company network, via mobile broadband as well as my home connection. No problem whatsoever. Anyway, not sure where you get the idea that you HAVE to check it every day, it's a recommendation, nothing more. And I believe the recommendation is "regularly", not "everyday".

3) Your lecturers are lying to you. The email thing is only a 'guideline', not a rule, and the reason is so that others can benefit from your queries. It is up to the discretion of the particular tutor/lecturer if he/she wants to receive emails of academic natures. Some lecturers do accept them, and will send his replies to not just the original sender, but to all students. This has been corroborated by all of my tutors who touched on this "guideline". There IS NO actual rules that says you can't email.