Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fun with WC

Mr. W ended his affair during the weekend. He was so traumatized he took MC today. I have a feeling there will be a sequel. So it’s one down, one to go. When I asked him what he is going to do with his wife he didn’t give me a definite answer. The situation is as sticky as the one in Gaza. His mother doesn’t want him to divorce her so he is caught in the middle. Between responsibility to his mother and following his heart and good sense, which will emerge the stronger?

As a friend, I naturally offered him my two cents worth. I said that there is no point in dragging on and prolonging the agony; it’s time he makes a clean break and get his life back. I would have done the same if I were him. A marriage without love is as appetizing as moldy bread. It belongs in the trash bin.



Like my friend Mr. W, Mr. C is also caught between responsibility and his heart. However, where the former is still vacillating and likely to let responsibility take priority, Mr. C told me he is choosing his buxom Chinese girlfriend over his estranged wife and little boy. From what I gathered, his Chinese girlfriend is not as ‘dead fish’ in the boudoir as his ex-wife was. The latter still loves him and wants him back, but in love things are very complicated. Mr. C understands that his boy will hate him to the core when he grows up. So be it, as Mr. C said.

Mr. C is also a lady’s man. He is currently having intimate relations with his female colleague. Ironically, the person who recommended him his current job is the boyfriend of the girl Mr. C has been sleeping with. We are indoctrinated from young that a good deed begets another. How wrong our conventional morality is, what a weak and harmful exercise! Mr. C wants to break it off, but he has to do it with great discretion. His colleague’s boyfriend is a hooligan and he doesn’t want to be on the end of a hiding.

No comments: