Sunday, March 1, 2009

Have a Nice Day

Today is a funny day.

I played football in the morning and busted my left ankle while blocking a shot. I had to leave the field but fortunately I could still walk, albeit with some discomfort.

On the way home I took the right bus in the wrong direction. The bus – it’s air-con system was as busted as my ankle was) – took me to the foreigner workers’ dormitories in some backwater part of Jurong West. I was amazed at the sea of humanity and even more so at the overpowering smell it carried. I decided then I had to make my way out as fast as possible. I had to trudge over a kilometer before I reached the Pioneer train station. It was a good thing my ankle was only slightly sprained and not broken.

I arrived home at around two. After my shower I thought I would have a nap before making my way down to Marina Atrium for the Media Arts exhibition. However, the storm came and I slept through the whole afternoon. I didn’t realize how damn tired I was.

I woke up, had dinner and then found a very funny message displayed on my Business Law project mates’ msn window: “[name] is not meant for schooling.” Another project mate’s read: crap… I think they are absolutely right. Our group is dysfunctional, our report crap and the two girls are not meant for schooling.

It is highly likely that we will fail our Business Law report. I can imagine what the reaction will be. The girls will always blame the guy – this is how much things are in this cuntry. To our overrated and overpriced women (I mean this in a general sense. There are some local lasses who are very decent. Unfortunately these are few and far between.) This is a story for another day so I’ll just get on with it.

The pretty girl sent us her answers. Her script reminds me of her: pretty, but not much substance to spare. She has been calling for a “Business Law guru” on her Facebook. Apparently she didn’t think her teammates were capable enough. I have been asking her to get her points down; I could do the writing. No reply. I asked her if she needed help. No reply. I admit that my answers are shite but their answers are not much better. (The lecturer might give me a zero for my ten pages and award them good marks for their contributions. You never know with lawyers.) It could happen. Anyway, this is the first time I have seen someone use coloured letters in academic writing. Marks for aesthetics maybe?

The other one was on leave so she had plenty of time to do the report. She could have contacted me to discuss the project but she didn’t. I received her email telling me to send her a finalized copy of my answers so that she didn’t have to do so much work. Fair enough. I gave her the go-ahead to take the latest answers . I didn’t even bother to vet through. As far as I’m concerned enough is enough. I hate enough of this bullshit. When the lecturer was explaining in class how to write the report - he didn’t give us any hints or answers – the two lovely ladies were more interested in looking at pictures of dogs and jabbering about the Singapore Flyer, Las Vegas and the holidays they had. (Another thing about women who love dogs – most of them are insecure and like the curs and bitches they keep, noisy, emotional and can’t survive without some fool to fuss over them.)

So the project is done. I haven’t confirmation of the submission but I’m not going to call. The girl submitting it can drop me a mail. I just need to score over five out of thirty marks in this report to pass the continuous component. I am not taking an Honours degree so I can fuck care my GPA. It’s also quite likely we won’t even score 16.67%, such is the trash we produced. Anyway, I am content with my trashy answers and whatever happens I have done whatever I could and if I am to be held accountable for every fuck thing that happens I might as well change my name to Jesus Christ.

My first failed assignment in this university. Truly momentous!

No comments: