Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Review on BUS 353: Project Management

I did my course evaluation for my modules this season. I have to apologize for my critique. It is too mild.



STUDENT FEEDBACK FORM ON CONVENTIONAL LEARNING

To help the University serve you better, we would appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to complete this Student Feedback Form. Thank you. IN filling this form, please select ONE option from the following categories. Indicate your choice clearly with an 'X'.

SA : Strongly Agree
A : Agree
N : Neutral
D : Disagree
SD : Strongly Disagree


A) Course

1. Content

The study materials:

a) Are well-written and easy to follow..........SD

b) Provide sufficient examples to give me a deep understanding of the course...........SD

c) Are able to meet my learning needs...........SD

What do you like best about the study materials?

Like? This Project Management course is RUBBISH! The best part about the course is the group assignment and ECA. They were so riddled with errors they reminded me of Swiss cheese. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the abject lack of proper writing skills. I thought Sarah Palin was funny. Now I know better.

In what ways can the study materials be improved?

Please sack the imbeciles who wrote the assignments. Everybody had a torrid time trying to understand the balderdash. The assignments (an insult to the word, if you ask me), are perfect examples of poor grammar, messy layouts, ambiguity and substandard writing skills. Disgraceful, shameful, a travesty and a hefty kick in the mouth for the poor students who paid so much money only to receive trash in return.


2. Presentation

The study materials are:

a) Presented professionally in way of look and feel.........SD

b) Well-formatted in way of spacing, font size and alignment...........SD

c) Well-edited in way of spelling, punctuation and grammar.............SD

What do you like best about the presentation of the study materials?

The people who designed this course clearly need an IQ test. The course is about Project Management, not Microsoft Project. Instead of learning about how to manage a project, we are forced to figure out how to use the damn computer program to complete our assignments.

To exacerbate the situation, we were not given written instructions on how to use MS Project. No guidebooks, no preparatory classes. Nothing at all! We are expected to rely entirely on a very cumbersome software to manage a project.

Surely real life project management is more than just a stupid software! I learned nothing from the course. I curse the day I chose to take up this subject. I should demand my money back. Although this university is primarily a business, the management should not run it like a racket.

In what ways can the presentation of the study materials be improved?

Ditch the damn Project Management software and teach us some real project management skills. Or rename the course. Call it BUS 353 Microsoft Project.


B) Teaching

1. Tutor's Name

The tutor is

a) Well-prepared..........A

b) Able to stimulate learning and thinking............A

c) Able to mentor students and encourage their interest..............A


What do you like best about the tutor?

He tried his best to help us make sense of what is basically a stupid course. I admire him for his determination and professionalism. He's a very helpful person and went out of his way to correct the errors in the TMAs. An uphill struggle, considering the enormity of this inhumane and excruciating task, but I must say he came through with flying colours.

In what ways can the tutor improve?

You can start by raising his pay because he deserves it.


I think I'll take up Mass Communications somewhere else if UniShit expels me. I can earn some course credits by posting this critique on other famous websites. You have PR, and then you have reverse PR. I think I'll make a good hatchet-man.

1 comment:

Miao 妙 said...

I love your sense of humour.