Monday, October 13, 2008

New People, Old Cats

My first day at work wasn't too bad. After the Australian director gave me a briefing, Michelle - the person whom I'm standing in for the next two weeks - showed me the ropes.

I will be using a program called JayWalk to fill in order forms and compile marketing intelligence with Excel. I also have to document reports and disseminate information via the computer network.

The manager Angie, and another bloke will assign me work. Tomorrow I'll be helping the former in her project. What fun.

After lunch I met Xianghong, Alfred, Alvin and Gabriel in Public House. They were talking about army life when I arrived. (Blokes will always be blokes.) It was a nice "appetizer" for the main course: Atheism.

Xianghong and Gabriel had to go off at three so the three of us continued with our discussion. Alfred and I were most impressed with Alvin's passionate articulation. We talked about the Zeitgeist documentary and its Addendum; about how we could make Atheism viable and actually help people. We also got to know one another. A good chitchat session and really, in spite of the Atheistic overtones, nothing ivory-tower.

Anna joined us around six. She is an ex-Christian whom Alvin convinced to turn stag. We talked a bit and I hope more atheistic ladies will come OUT and join us. (Please do not assume we blokes are trying to score a date - we are Atheists, not SDU matchmakers. Oh plezzz....)

Anyway, I'm delighted to have more friends. This is what our group is all about and I think it's important to engage real people.

That concludes our little meetup.


As promised, here are some nice pictures of my other friends:


Psycho. Watch it...Any moment he'll........ OUCH!

Big cat. Psycho sleeps a lot during the day. You can pet him but when his tail starts to swing, it's time to walk away.

Don't even think of touching him at night. You might lose some blood.



Introducing...The BOSS! Wanted for the murder of 99 bathroom scales.


I haven't seen the Boss for a few months already. I hope the old cat is well and alive in some nice chap's house. I miss the fella.


The Boss attempts an amazing balancing act. 10.000!


Last but not least, Fuzzy!


Fuzzy's on the table.....table.....the cat is on the table....


Very friendly cat. Soft matted fur and a silken purr.....

Fuzzy ponders evolution. Examining the human with a critical eye.


That's all folks!





No comments: