Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's a Shite Life.

My season started on Friday. My first act was to be nearly an hour late for class, and my second was to tell the two chatterboxes behind me to quiet down. I was tired, hungry, thirsty and frustrated. If the idiots hadn’t heed my advice the situation would have been very ugly.

Due to the two idiots’ inconsideration and my exhausted state I wasn’t able to concentrate on the lesson very well. My lack of business background exacerbated the situation further. I could probably only assimilate 10% of the lecture, which was pathetic. From the questions several of my classmates posed to the lecturer, it was obvious that I would be competing against people who already had financial background. This means that I might not be able to rely on The Curve, which I did in previous seasons. I must secure a straight pass in order to survive – no easy feat.

I got myself a group mate. The quiet guy besides me asked me if I had a group. I said no and now we are looking for another to ease our workload. I predict that they will handle the maths (I hope!) while I do the writing.

-------------------------

The Shite are in Singapore and will play against the *Lions* this evening. For the past few days the Shite fans here have been going crazy and “following” their idols like good dogs. I don’t know what the big fuss is all about. The ManUre may have offloaded Ronaldo and Tevez, the Chelski squad grown older, the Arse’s obsession with “little boys” will cause them another trophyless season, but the Shite will still not win the league.

You don't need a medical degree to know that shit stinks.
(Image courtesy of www.bluekipper.com)



More bewildering is the fact that people actually bothered to pay good money to watch that mob across the street play. I would not have paid a penny. They haven’t won in their last three friendlies and this tells you they are clearly in the mood for playing holiday football. If I want to see people go through the motions and being overpaid for their *exertions* I would have gone to a whore. At least the whore bothers to pretend she’s enjoying it. The Shite will probably put in 10% effort against the our Lions (pussies), so better to conserve energy when they take on the real pussies in Geylang later in the night.

---------------------------------

Our keeper was admitted to hospital on Monday after he ruptured his kidney in the match last Sunday. I think that as a team we had let him down. We didn’t offer him enough protection and he had to put his body on the line to save us time and again.

I hope for a more collective performance when we play our fourth friendly later. Looking at the team sheet it would be yet another collective struggle. The better players are missing and I probably have to fill in for our right-back, who is overseas. We would like to win it of course, but considering the circumstances a draw would be a good result. Time to play negative football and park the bus in front of the goal.

-------------------------------------

W invited me to his wedding on the 2nd of October. He is making a big mistake. Not by inviting me of course, but in getting married in the first place. He does not even love his fiancĂ©e. I hope they don’t have children. Being born in this country is bad enough. They don’t need to suffer more bullshit from their parents.

No comments: