Saturday, February 7, 2009

Academia Blues

I finally formed my project groups. I am delighted. This half of the season is quite special. I am the only guy in both my groups. This motivates me greatly. My male ego will drive me to perform. I hate producing mediocre work in front of women. On first impression my group mates seemed quite fine. In fact I hit off quite well with two of them. Nothing suggested that they would be anything like the Mutt that put me through so much pain last season. The last time I worked in an all-female group was for Stats – we got the highest in our class. I hope this time things will be no different. I was motivated then and my motivation wanes not. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum!

Shortly after I woke up, I endured more than three hours on the Financial Accounting MCQ. I was a bit unlucky with the draw (most of the questions were on calculation), but in the end I secured the result I desired. I still have a quiz on Business Law to settle. I anticipate a few torrid hours of wordplay. You know what they say about lawyers…


I am still ecstatic over Everton’s defeat of Liverpool. The Blues play Aston Villa in the next tie. Some people in the FA must hate Everton to the core. We played the “Big Four” sides for five matches straight. We got Arsenal and Man U in the league, three derbies and now we have to play Villa, who are in a rich vein of form themselves. Injuries are piling up. Fellaini and Peanuts are crocked. Anichebe went crazy at David Moyes and the only “top” class striker we have is loan signing Jo. I hope Moyes play Gosling. The youngster deserves a chance in the starting line up after his FA Cup heroics against that Shite from across the street.

Everton’s tough draw reminds me of the European campaigns we had. A few seasons back we kicked the Shite off fourth spot and whom did we get in our Champions League qualifier? Villarreal. Playing the very technical and tactical Yellow Submarine was bad enough, to do so with over half the first team on the treatment table was insane. They led 2:1 from the Goodison leg. In Spain, Arteta’s brilliant free kick gave us hope. Big Duncan scored from a corner, but that overrated bastard of a so-called referee Pierliugi Collina inexplicably ruled out Big Dunc’s perfectly legitimate goal. Had that stood it would have leveled the tie. With the boys pushing forward in the dying minutes in search of an equalizer, they scored and that was it.

After Everton finished fifth last season, we expected a decent UEFA (or Europa) Cup run. Again, some whoreson in UEFA didn’t like us and we drew against Standard Liege. It made me sick to the stomach. The other teams like Spurs and Pompey did just enough to secure a European spot and they got drawn with teams nobody had even heard of. We did ourselves proud in the league and our reward was the damn Belgian champions. We lost this one again.

I hope we qualify for Europe this season. The team are playing the best football I have seen in a long time and it will be a shame if they don’t make it to Europe. And this time I really hope the thrice-damned cur-humping bastards at UEFA don’t screw us up again.

No comments: