Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Few Thoughts

On Friday an ex-gulag mate went on Facebook Chat and invited me to his wedding. This dreary ceremony will take place on the 15th of May and will feature other ex-gulag mates and friends and relatives of the happy couple. Why are people so eager to tie the knot? My friend is 27 this year and his wife-to-be is probably a bit younger. I feel a bit sorry for him but for his sake I shall take the trouble to attend his rites.


My left ankle was slightly twisted in a tackle yesterday. I really should thank my mates for leaving the defending to me and hanging me out to dry. Unlike the expatriates we have, Shitholer males do not play contact sports the right way. In my esteemed opinion, you have no right to be playing a contact sport when you fear being roughed up, and you have certainly no right to play team-sports when you cannot be arsed enough to support your teammates. The only sports most Shitholers can probably play to some level are in most ways 'elitist' or 'comfortable': golf, pool, and bowling. Pathetic.


A bloke, whose old man used to own the convenience store down my block, recently married a vcspec. Now he is a proud father. Word has it that his old man was desperate for him to carry the family line and seeing that his lowly-educated son might have difficulty getting a sgspec for his wife, decided to take matters into his own hands and arranged for a marriage (read: daughter-selling transaction) with some peasant family in Vietnam. I do not begrudge the bloke - the son, not the father - for getting a wife in this manner. He has his own needs and our local specs can be quite.... choosy. However, this sort of thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It is modern-day slavery. The spec has got little choice but to go to a strange country, allow her cunt to be invaded by a bloke whom she has no real feelings for, bear his child, just so that her family can have a bit of dough and existence for them is for a while at least, more tolerable.

Back to this vcspec, she speaks Mandarin, but not English. In this English-speaking shithole, I do not think she can get a decent-paying job - I use the word 'decent' loosely, as our meager wages have been stagnant for a decade, no thanks to our trade union, which is in reality a supermarket - and being lowly-educated (my assumption) certainly does not help her one bit. Their family relies on her husband's pittance of a salary and the savings of the old man, which contributes massively to their maintenance. Had it not been for his old man's sponsorship, the poor bloke might have had to take his pleasure with a lady of virtue every now and then.

Anyway, this spec stays at home all day long to look after her baby. She has no friends here. She does not go out to town. She is merely a child-bearing machine cum maid cum bed partner, compelled to satisfy the needs of her husband and his family at the expense of her own. I feel sorry for the poor girl. I wonder how she really feels. I can never understand why people who claim to have compassion can also claim belief that there is a kind and loving god, a power who rewards the just and punishes the wicked. Where is this deity? Is it dead? If it is not, what has it been doing? Is such an entity worthy of worship? The answer is simple. There is no god, and if there is, we ought to commit deicide.






No comments: