Friday, November 13, 2009

Singing the Relegation Blues

It is Friday the 13th and I am singing the relegation blues.

I followed up the debacle of two days ago with yet another dismal display. Although it was an open-book examination, I was not afforded the time to finish all my questions. I had a twenty mark question consigned to Gehenna, just over half of the first question done, and produced a truckload of rubbish for the remaining theory questions (worth 30 marks).

From the reaction of the mob around me, I knew that this time the Curve is not going to be good enough to pull me from relegation. When you lose games and your fellow battlers win theirs, it does not argur very well for your prospects of staying up.

It could have been worse, but I had the consolation to indulge in a bit of voyeurism before kick-off. Her face was okay, but her boobs were...stimulating. Even with my blurry vision and from ten metres, I enjoyed the sight of her rack walking around, putting things into her back and making her way back to her seat. My ogling calmed me down somewhat, although it may not matter towards the end, at least it was not a complete loss. 99% yes, but not 100%. It is a pity I am unable to shag her. Oh well. Life is a twat and then you die.

Having finished two of my most hated modules ever (besides my engineering subjects in poly of course), I can now prepare myself for the remaining two in a comparatively stable state of mind. I had been a bit tempted to emulate the unfortunate exploits of the equally unfortunate - and missed - Robert Enke, but the thought of my carcass being photographed by those motherfuckers we call our journalists brought me back to my senses, or at least what was left of it.

My Political Economy of ASEAN is a mixed bag really. While its course notes are little more than thinly veiled propaganda for our despicable and high-handed regime,the course itself is still more bearable than that thrice-damned HRM module, which I had the misfortunate of taking. Unlike my instructors for HRM, my Political Economy lecturer - as far as I know, since I only attended two lecturers out of six - chose to concentrate on political and economic principles, rather than pander to the regime. I respect him for this, and not simply because he gave me FULL MARKS for my essay. To be frank, it didn't deserve that kind of marks, considering it was hastily churned out, had many grammar mistakes and more than a few broken references. At the most I would have given it a 70. But the season is hard and when you have got the rub of the green you got to take it and be thankful.

But I am digressing. This module is particularly fascinating because I am in the unique position of either failing it flat, or getting a distinction for it. What will it be? Seriously, from the egoistic point of view it would be nice to have a distinction, but the way this season has gone I would gladly settle for 40 marks for my examination. Being relegated is tragic enough. To be relegated and losing ALL your games as well is surely of West-Brom-esque proportions.

Fixed Income Securities seems more theory than calculation, which suits me fine. Still, this kind of obfuscating subject is nothing to be sniffed at. Since the world of stock, bonds and their valuation remain largely incomprehensible to me, the best I could do is to write as much drivel as possible. Shoot on sight, hit 20, 30 shots, surely a couple will go in... Desperate yes, but when you are pretty much like Bolton, physical but little skill, you got to get in their faces and try sneak something from anywhere.

No comments: