Monday, August 10, 2009

What Have I Done to Deserve This?!

The long weekend has been an extended nightmare. The only thing good that came out of it was that I was able to get some real sleep. And of course, let’s not forget that pulsating Charity Shield game between Manure and Chelski.

My neighbour from a few doors away is singing like his life depends on it. I don’t know how the family living next door to him can possibly put up with his death throes. They must either be dead or deaf.

Now, there is a very real difference between singing the karaoke and hollering like you are witnessing your mother, sisters and daughters being raped. If I were in a more charitable mood I would have compared his tuneless dirge to the squealing of terrified pigs at the abattoir, but no luck for this pest. For once I actually find our national anthem bearable. That takes some doing. The shrieking bastard should sign up for Singapore Idol. He would bring the house down.

My neighbour next door is just barely better. The problem with the family is that they can be hopelessly inconsiderate, although they have some mitigating factor on their side, like stupidity. I have no right complaining about people inviting more people for housewarming than what their tiny flat could have accommodated, but the least they could do is to make sure the animals they bring home do not smoke, eat and then litter in the corridor. Squatting on a neighbour’s doorstep like some hobo is really unnecessary. Surely an animal does not need to mark its territory when they are just passing through an area.

I hate dogs and personally I think dog lovers are generally stupid. It is therefore unfortunate that my neighbours two doors away has to keep a yapping mutt. We have notified the fuzz and the town council about the incessant row this obnoxious creature has been making but obviously no action has been taken because they still own the bloody thing.

At times I feel sorry that we are not allowed to own firearms in Singapore. With such people, there is a procedure when it comes to talking reason. First, you talk nicely. When it doesn’t work, you persuade them with a baseball bat. When that fails, a good spray with an AK 47 would to make them wake up their ideas, assuming they do wake up after that.


The football on Saturday was rather stupid. I was the only one in my team having a go. There was the haze, but even that was no excuse for not running. All I heard was pathetic wailing about how “I am tired”, and “how I cannot run”. This is pathetic. I have played football with guys 10 to 20 years my senior and for the most part they didn’t moan like some strumpet turning a trick. And here we are, talking about guys mostly in their early to mid-twenties.

It’s really pathetic. The younger generation is getting weaker. Some are even weak in the head. I nearly lost it when Ed told me that he COULD NOT mark their striker because he was too fast and skillful. I say, what crap is this?! He also had this irritating reluctance to use his left foot. I felt really disgusted as I kept seeing him jerk himself around so that the ball could be on his right foot all the time. It’s fucking ugly. Guess what his excuse was?

I CAN’T USE MY LEFT FOOT! Oh joy.

During rest time one guy said that we were not up to the other team. I replied that like them, we also have five in the squad and ten legs (even with Ed “I can’t use my left foot” around), so what’s the difference? They sort of shut up but I didn’t really get their ear when I talked after that. I am so expert at bruising crystal hard egos.

I think maybe I should switch sports. Take up Mixed Martial Arts fights. I generally don’t have a problem doing team sports, even if my teammates are less skillful or physically inferior. What gets my goat are the defeatists who keep wailing about how we are not good enough, how fucking tired they are, and how good the other team is, yabba yap yap. (If our opponents are that good, they would be professionals and not amateurs like us.) Besides being yellow bastards, they are stupid as well.

I saw a Muay Thai match at Singapore Polytechnic last month. It was an affair between SP and NUS. It was a sorry spectacle and a fucking disgrace. The two fighters – if you can call these clowns that – were basically “pillow fighting” each other, so weak their punches and kicks were. Maybe this is a sign for me to take up tournament fighting. If my opponents are like that I will surely win many matches. Unlike in football where I get let down by wailing slackers, there is no chance of that happening in martial arts fights. If I lose, I only get bloodied, without having the added torture of listening to crap from my crappy teammates. If I win, the credit is all mine. ALL MINE.


Earlier in the day I went to the nearby library to do research on my Human Resource Management (HRM 201) case study. It turned out to be a waste of time. I could not find suitable material there. I thought of going to my university library but a phone call confirmed that it is closed for the holidays.

I tried to do my research on the Net but the material was too specified for me to find anything useful. The problem with business research is that too often these fucking ivory-tower academics coin their own terms and then you cannot get them in other publications and sources. It is frustrating. I am looking at two group projects and two MCQs within the next week or so, and I have neither the clue nor the resources to complete my tasks.

Of course, the HRM 201 fiasco could have been averted had my university being more competent. It’s been three weeks since the season started and we haven’t got our textbook. As a “convenience” to us, the university have taken upon themselves to photocopy chapters from the textbook and distribute them to us. Instead of giving them to us a few chapters at a time, why not just give us the whole damn thing? Stop treating us like we are beggars asking for a handout, you shameless bastards! After all, the university DON’T EVEN KNOW when the supplier will come good and deliver the fucking textbooks! SO STOP THIS BULLSHIT! YOU WANT MONEY?! I am sure we can pay for a reproduced copy of the ENTIRE textbook.

WE CAN PAY! YOU HEAR THAT, YOU GREEDY MONEY GRABBING WHORESONS?! WE CAN PAY!

No comments: