Sunday, September 13, 2009

Some Drivel.

Some people just like to bear a grudge. Two of the blokes I had that heated argument with a fortnight ago didn’t seem very happy with me still. Their attempts at sarcasm were pathetic. During the football game when we were actually in the same team, they said to each other that I ‘would never pass the ball to them.’ That was absolutely rich. Assuming that other people are scum like you just because they happen to disagree with you is really stupid. When I was tracking back and defending like Hell for them they never said a single word. Some people really need to grow up. Football is a TEAM game. Badmouthing your teammate during the course of a game for things he never did is really, really bad form. I would have appreciated it if they told it to my face that I was wrong about politics and they wanted to put me in my place using some solid arguments. I am used to getting stick from people anyway; it wouldn’t have rattled me overly. Apparently some people just didn’t have the bottle for a direct confrontation, even though they were the majority.

About the kickabout, it was a bit like war. Due to the number of teams some wise man decided to put in place a seven minute system. No goals mean both teams were out. People started screaming and shouting at their own teammates. Some people were not happy but in most cases it was just handbags at a dozen paces. I thought that they should just save their breath for the game. If the whole team ditched the useless ego issues and worked for one another, surely it would have a greater chance of winning. There are times you have to shout at people, but when they react with the type of arrogant bellicosity usually reserved for professional players whose egos are as big as their weekly paycheck, then something is seriously wrong. Either you are giving ‘em stick for no reason or they think they are so great they are beyond criticism. In that case I think that some people should just quit football and any other type of team sports. Take up golf, or better still, yoga. Even if you cannot find your inner calm, chances are you will get to meet some broads who may help you soothe that inner beast.


******

I just found that I got a 57 for my Equity Securities assignment. That translates to around 23% of the overall marks; plus the pathetic 5% I got for the online MCQ, it means I have a 28% for the continuous assessment component of the course.

This may be the worst result I have since my misguided enrollment in this university but I am not complaining. I am delighted that I scrapped through. This result leaves me with the simple task of securing at least 40 marks for the examination. This is by no means an easy task, considering the module is mostly about maths and I am shite at maths. If by some miracle I survive, it would be the first time I get a C. Then again, rather a C than an F. I don’t give a rat’s ass if they give me Ds for all my modules. As long as I avoid relegation, my GPA can go to the Hells for all I care. Very negative I know, but when you are like Hull City you don’t try and be too smart and think you are the league champions.

No comments: