Friday, December 12, 2008

End of Season

Amazing. Somehow I managed to pull off yet another escape act.

I am absolutely delighted with the results. They are a shade poorer than last season's but being devoid of talent, I have no right to complain. It's been a long and exhausting season and to survive relegation was incredible. There were some very trying times. Working with a pair of imbeciles for my Marketing group assignment nearly did me in. The Project Management racket rocked my resolve. There were times I wanted to pack it in. I felt I didn't have the rub of the green. My season could have ended before the half-way point. I didn't know what I was doing and most of the time my approach play was negative and horribly unimaginative. I was running on my last legs and only stubborn pluck kept me in it.

I have been contemplating my future lately but it seems I'll be hanging around for the next season. With the resources I have it's going to get increasingly difficult. I hope to find a benefactor. However, given the turbulent economy and my limited qualities, that looks an unlikely situation. I'll just have to take one game at a time. The games will come in thick and fast and my paper thin resources will be stretched even further. I'll be struggling to even keep my head above water. Going for honours is an impossible prospect. Surviving the drop will remain the top priority. When you are as mediocre as I am and everybody is above you, you have to ride on luck and take points wherever you can.

I still don't know what I want. I don't know if staying on is the right choice. I am staying because I stayed up this season. To quit now would mean a loss of a year of hard work and hard-earned dough. I am not even sure if I have the aptitude to do well in business. I think I'm doing it because I need a degree to get myself out of this fucking cuntry. Escalation of commitment may yet be the death of me, but will desperation prove my salvation?

No comments: